Sunday 5 May 2013


The Disappointment of Defeat
By: Abolqaz Bin Anuar

At 1:00am on the 6th of May 2013, the result of the 13th general election had emerged. The leading government of Barisan Nasional, has won the right to lead the country for the next five years. The loss of the Pakatan Rakyat has left a hole in my heart. A heart broken into millions pieces so small that it may pass through the eyes of a needle. I held my head in defeat and shame for my Malaysia has suffered a huge set back to the hands of their Malaysia. Worst the taunts and the smiles on the faces of the victors made everything harder to endure. We had fallen into a deep dark abyss, a bottomless pit of defeat with no end.

As I browse through the social networks of today, many of the fallen has express their hatred and anger in facebook and twitter. They are calling it a black out, as they too thought that Malaysia has fallen into darkness. Angry words that was exchanged by millions of the Malaysian youth in both twitter and facebook from 5.30pm till 1.00am is now gone, with only the taunts and remorseful words of those who feel at a high and those who had accepted the fate of our great nation.

Many who voted for change and a new government now sit at home wondering what will happen next. Where will we go from here? I too was troubled by those woeful questions till it came to me, and it for this revelation as much as a mortal mind could conjure that has bought me here to write this.

Dear Malaysian and those who seek freedom. Pakatan Rakyat has lost the election. It is true. We now need to sink in this fact in our heads right now, because we will fight again in five years. We are hurt, and beaten down I agree but the measure of our strength would never die if we all of us get rise up again and walk tall. Do not feel sad, for we gave a fight; a fight that hopefully will make them realize that Malaysian are free people. Hopefully they will thread carefully now knowing that we will be watching them like a hawk for the next five years.

Although I may think this but actually freedom will never die. As long as those who believe in it are willing to fight, with all their heart for every inch of it. Corruption will never stay hidden. All deeds especially those of the evil nature will always leave traces, and as free men we will find it if it ever comes.
How do you keep on fighting you might wonder, who it is do we keep on fighting if the battle has lost? Simply by living, we must live our lives each day in freedom. We must fight each day without fear doing justice and good to those who have been wronged. I guarantee you my friends if we do that, then this lost will not hurt us that much. We might have failed to ‘Ubah’ the government but we can still ‘Ubah’ ourselves. Uphold the values of the Pakatan Rakyat and they could not do anything to hurt us. However just know that when I say fight, I do not mean it in a physical sense. Fight spiritually and the truth will remain with us.

Many in the BN camp thinks that this lost has weaken the rakyat, I am here to tell you but it has made my resolve much stronger. By whatever truth that happens during the entire election, BN has won. Fine what is another 5 years compared to 56 years? Freedom is an idea and a progress of nature. They might stop us this time, but we will be back. They might have stolen our voice but we can still shout. They might have tied our hands but we can still move. The clock is ticking for BN and we will count every second to the next five years.

A lost like the one we had suffered tonight, I could only relate it to a bee sting. Being stung by a bee is painful at first, then it gets irritating, you are tempted to scratch it as much as you want, but if you do you will only make it worst. All you have to know that it will go away in time. Just like our suffering tonight will go away in time. They victors will taunt us, they have no class and so they will taunt us, but we must try our best to resist any temptation on anger and remain the better person, besides as I would know that qualities of ‘Our’ Malaysia states that we should not retaliate in anyway.

The only sad thing about it is, that because I voted for Pakatan Rakyat, this letter of comfort will always remain in silence and hidden from the public, except to those very few of us who will see this. To those who feel unjust by what has happened tonight, I swear to you things will get better. As Harvey Dent said before he went all evil, “the night is darkest before the dawn.” Also as a Malay I would like to tell my non-Malay friends that I hear you. Even though I have no idea how many other Malay heard what I heard but be ensure that this Malay does. I will do all I can to get you your rights, and equality even in the midst of a Pro-Malay nation. To me you are just as ‘bumiputera’ as all those who claim to be so. I applaud you for your perseverance.

Signing off, for beauty, freedom truth and love we have not truly lost, and never ever live in fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment