Tuesday 23 October 2012

My Point of View on Love

My Point of View on Love
(this love is not conditional love of a parent or sibling, nor friends)



While I was looking up in things to say about love (I always do as much research before writing), I find that there too many quotes to choose from, too many poems to be read and you know whatever. This just proved to me that love is one of the strongest force that drives this world. A well known 'relationship-consultant' (really, do we have one of these guys in Malaysia?), Barbara De Angelis once said, "Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible and it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could."
I have a theory that, the actual reason why human beings (especially men) even work at all is really, based on these elements. Wealth, Power, Glory and Love. I don't know if this theory, has already been thought of before, but I came up with this sometime ago. For the lack of a much more creative name, I call this theory 'Why Men Go to Work'. In this theory I would state that men always chase down these things in life, as a strong hunger for wealth, power and glory would get you far, but only the pure power of love would lift you above, and extend your reach further then what your capacity may bring you.

For your love, it pump your heart faster, so that more oxygen may flow through your lungs. It can make you jump higher, and move faster, then what your body is capable of. In any event that requires human statistical count, you can measure a man's skill, vital attributes, and capability, but no human statistics will ever be complete, because you cannot measure a human spirit. This spirit is fueled by love. In a crime of passion, a man may kill someone who sleeps with his wife, but I bet he killed him, not because of hate for the man, but more on the love of his wife.

"Love makes you do crazy things" is common phrase that we have heard all the time, but only when it has happen to us, only do we know the true context of what it means. I am not trying to teach history here, but it is for love, that Napoleon Bonaparte, conquered Europe. He wishes to show Josephine, his wife, how much he truly loves her. So he journeyed on a conquest for Europe to give to her as a symbol of his love. He once wrote a letter to her dated on the 3rd of April 1796 saying, "You have taken more than my soul; you are the one thought of my life. When I am tired of the worry of work, when I feel the outcome, when men annoy me, when I am ready to curse being alive, I put my hand on my heart; your portrait hangs there, I look at it, and love brings me perfect happiness, and all is miling except the time I must spend away from my mistress." This prove that love can bring even the most powerful of men, to it's knees."


I myself like everyone else, has had experience with love. However though I know what it is to love a women (or girl), yet lately I found myself forgetting the taste or the feeling of being love in return. It has been too long, I reckon that have had the pleasure being love in return. When someone who looks at you and still think the world of you, even when you are in truth a loser. 
 
Don't worry, I am not going to cry. 
 
I was broken by that fact for a long time, but now I have come to terms with the tiny pieces of my broken heart, and day by day it will mend to form a better one. To those who don't know me, I have known to be the type of person, who fall in love rather easily, but I don't think this is a bad thing now, because it only proves that I am capable of love, and love is the produce of my heart. I am thankful for all the heartbreak that have happen, and thank those who have broken my heart in the past, because of them my heart has learn a lot over the years, and one day it will be indestructible.
 
I have thought in the past that the only way to go about this, by never again to fall in love, but without love, I find that your heart will be weak, thus your spirit will grow weary and you cease to live as a human being, but merely a walking corpse, no different then a zombie. Most people deal with heartbreak way too harsh, but they have to understand that the love they lost that caused it, is only frail, because it is not true. True love is unbreakable. 

Now, I set my heart to have the possibility of love, prepare for it, and have faith in God (Allah SWT). For when I pray to Him, and I trust Him with all that is left of my heart, that He will send someone to me that is worth loving, and all my love will be direct to her and Him, for never again will it be wasted, Amin.
 
Even though I leave the fate of my love life to God, I know it's not going to be direct. One thing I know about the blessing of God is this. When you pray to him for something, he does not give it to you directly. You have to work for it, and prepare for it, and when He think you're ready, he give it to you. He doesn't send it straight like, one day your sitting down, then this women comes up to you and say, "Hi, how you doing, listen, I got a message from God to see you, cause apparently He made me for you, cause you pray for me that one time. Sooo, what's up?" No it does not work like that (even though that would be an awesome pick up line). When you pray to Him (not only one time), He gives it to you, but only an opportunity, only a window, and it is up to you to grab it.
 
Till then I will continue my course of life, and pray for that one day, when I looking that very girl eyes and when God, tickle onto my heart, like a nudge, or a PING, telling me, that this is the one, the one that I have send for you, love her well. When that day has come to pass, remind me to put my hands together and thank Him for the gift of life, because this is all it's about. This is what life is about. To praise Him, and to love what He gives you. 
 
Everybody will one day find their love, in the words of Klaus (a character of the TV series, How I Met Your Mother) "you just never know when, or where."
 
For the closing thingy of this post I give you the full quote by Klaus from that scene:
 
Klaus:
Laybenzlagenshishoshats (a made up German word which means 'Life long treasure of destiny' True love) is not something that develops overtime, it's something that happens instantaneously, it courses through you like the water of the river after a storm, filling you, and emptying you all at once. You feel it throughout your body, in your hand, in your heart, in your stomach, in your skin. Have your ever felt this way about someone?
 
Ted:
Yeah, I think so.
 
Klaus:
If you have to think about it, you have not felt it.
 
Ted:
And you're absolutely sure, you'll find that someday?
 
Klaus:
Of course, everyone does eventually, you just never know when, or where.
 


Assalamualaikum and I hope you find your Laybenzlagenshishoshats one day.
 
 
   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment