Friday 19 October 2012

The Glory of Subuh
by Abolqaz Bin Anuar
(To my non-Muslim readers, I don't mean to offend, Just writing of a Muslim)





My room, is cold from the winds hauling out of the air-conditioner. It either very late, or very early in the morning. The scenery from beyond my window is pitch black in the darkness of the night. I looked at my watch, it is 20 minutes to 6:00am.

I have not sleep, I was too busy writing. My fingers was too happy typing that my brain lost track of time. I do feel tired, and I should get to bed. I do have thing to do early in the morning. Then a thought slip straight to my mind. "I can't sleep now, 10 more minutes, and Subuh is upon.." So I got up off the floor, and grabbed, my 'kain pelekat'. 

As I marched to the toilet, I put on around my waist. I pulled my spectacle and rest it on my shelf. I slowly walked in the toilet, as the floors are slippery. I turn on the tap, as I put my hand together to trap the flowing water, I whispered, "Nawaitu Udu'a Lillahi Taala," then I began taking my wuduk.

As I finished, I walk to the window. There I sat, at the window pain, waiting for the time. I could hear nothing out from the early morning air, except for the occasional cars, and bike, speed pass my house. As I looked at the sky I thought, "The night IS darkest before the dawn."

Then, right as clockwork, I heard a voice to the sky. A lovely voice, in tunes of old, older then you or I. I hear the greatness of my religion, our call to prayer, is by a voice, a voice that most of us own. Like how you talk to someone, that's how they call us to pray.

A Prayer is better then sleep, is the meaning of one of the line. For if everyone is reminded of the important of the Subuh prayers, no one will sleep at this kind of time. When the Adhan is over, I read, my prayers of after adhan, and stand on my sejadah. Facing holy Mecca, as billions do everyday, to preform their prayers.

After I'm done I will wait for the sun. Just to welcome the new day before I go to sleep. I will sleep soundly, for I know I have prayed, may Allah SWT bless me and grant me all my prayers.

Assalamualaikum.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment