Saturday 24 November 2012

Call to Arms



This a call to arms,
gather soldiers,
time to go to war,
this is a battle song,
brothers and sisters,
time to go to war.

That line was taken from a song called 'Vox Populi' by the bad 30 Seconds to Mars. Even though neither, Jared Letto nor his band is a Muslim (not that we know of), it fits perfectly to the point that I am trying to make in this post.

 
Recent days has bought terrible news to the world of Islam and those of the Muslim, that the Islamic country of Palestine had once again being siege and attack by the armed forces of the nation of Israel. The Israeli claimed that the purpose of such action, is based on their need to defend itself from the Abu Hamas' forces in Palestine. What's worst the world ate it up like a piece of chocolate cake but fail to taste the shit that contained in it.



It has forever been the objective, or the more dubious word 'agenda' of the Israel nation to eradicate the Muslim population surrounding the City of Jerusalem so that they could reclaim the former glory of the Jewish kingdom they had so many years ago. It was a period long before the time of Islam and of our Prophet Muhammad SAW.



What saddens me more about this situation, is that the Jewish nation of Israel take such action based solely in the belief of their religion. Although evil men are well evil, but it takes a lot of faith in you beliefs to be evil, and no matter how evil their acts could be, the Israeli are a stronger Jew compared to most Muslim being Islam.









We the Muslim people need to rally, in the name of Allah SWT and of Islam to fight against our enemies. We are not a violent people, and Islam only teaches us of peace, but If we are attack we must defend ourselves for there is a fine line between being peaceful and being a weakling. Islam only allows us to fight to defend ourselves and nothing more.

What kind of battle can we fight? What kind of battle can I, a blog writer from the suburbs of Malaysia, if the my government does not want to send troops? What can I do? Shall I stand still? No, a fight in itself has many forms. Other than physically fighting in the front line of the battlefield, we can pray. Fight for the Palestinians by praying for them, ask God to help them. Make them feel like they are not alone, help them in spirit if you cannot in physical.



Why should we fight? It is because we are the brothers of the Muslim in Palestine. Once a man has declared himself a Muslim, he has join in himself the family of Islam. When someone hurt your family, you too will feel this hurt. That is why as Muslims, seeing other Muslims in trouble we must do everything in our power to help them. How dare you buy a ticket to a concert, or a movie or an event as your Muslim brothers lye dead and starving and crying a world away. 



Remember in the Quran (and as a Muslim we must believe in the Quran) in the Surah Al Nisa verse 75 which reads:
And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah and for those who is weak, ill-treated and oppressed? Men, women and children, who cry: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, and the people who are oppressors;
And raise for us from Thee One who will protect; and raise for us from Thee One who will help.



Once their was a conversation between the youngsters of a Muslim and a Jew. The Muslim said to the Jew, "You know one day, the Muslims will come for the oppressors of the Jew and we will beat you and chase you out and you will run and hide. As you hide behind trees and stone, the trees and stones will shout out 'Behind me, lies a Jew in hiding." The Jew youngster replied, "I know of this story, for it is written in our books, but I am not worried, because those Islam that defeats us, is not of your generation. It is the generation of Muslims when their 'saf' of the fajr prayers is as many and as long as their 'Juma' prayers. See this is the point that i am trying to make, Allah SWT has already promise help for the oppressed Muslims yet, it is because of our lack of faith that is holding back the help from God.



Pray now my fellow Muslims and let us help our brothers and sisters who are suffering in Palestine.



I would like to end this post with a poem that I have read. It is actually from a lyric of a song, but what is a song but a poem sang in tune. It was written by a Palestinian, and I found it in a leaflet in front of the Quran class in Taman Tun. It is called 'The Letter' by  Dawud Wharnsby Ali

You don't know me,
but I am your brother in Islam,
You'll never know my name,
Never know exactly where I am,
but I am a part of you,
and you are a part of me too.
One life saved is like all mankind

Sometimes I wonder,
about the people in the world,
So much wealth,
so many fist so tightly curled,
enough for you, should be enough for two,
One life lost is like all mankind.

You don't see the look of hate in the soldiers' eyes,
you don't see my sister cry at night,
you don't smell the garbage in the street,
and you don't know how very little food we eat.

Not a thing belongs to you or me,
It's all a trust from Allah 's rich bounty
the tree of greed grows from a seed,
that's planted when we don't care.

Do you know how it feels to walk for days,
do you know how it feels to sleep in the snow,
do you know what it really means to pray,
can you tell me why they took my dad away?

I don't mean so seem bold or to seem rude,
I'm not begging for your shelter or your food,
I'm just asking for you to care, and be aware,
at the very least pray for me.



Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment