Friday 30 November 2012

The Front-Line Warriors



Have you ever seen war movies or heard stories of epic battles between good and evil? Well in all fact, it does not matter between what and who. You see soldiers lining up in the front line waiting to charge against their enemy.

This post has nothing to do with anything, and I am not writing this in bid to ask you to go to war or even to fight anyone. I just write this as a tribute to those has stood in the front line of battles, be in any battle of any time and for any cause.

Imagine if you will what that warrior must have felt whilst standing there. Waiting for the order to charge, knowing deep down in their minds that they, might die here this very day. But they have no time to feel fear, for if they do, this very feeling that makes their body tremble, could be the death of them. So they bury their fear deep down inside, and prepare to fight.
 
 

To fight to survive, to fight to live, to fight for the right to walk out of this battle field as the victor and to fight for their cause. This brave humans standing, hoping, fearing and dealing with things that most of us will never get a chance to do, that most of us would never ever want to do.
 
 
Many soldiers fight, because it is their job to fight. They were trained to fight, but every once in a while you'll hear the story of normal citizen having to take up arms to defend their homes, families and everything they love against the evil of tyranny. These men are braver than those of a soldier, for they were not trained in the ways of battle, but they stood and fought anyway because they have to. To these men I solute their bravery and I will hope if this task is befallen to me one day, I will pray for courage to stand my grounds when the day of danger truly dawns.
 
The moment of battle
by Me
 
I stood in line against the evil of men,
I could see the enemy in front of me,
no mercy they shout, so none they will give,
Their eyes of anger ready to kill.
 
I stand in line with my people and my brothers,
We fear death, and we do not want to die,
but to do nothing against evil is worst than death,
I am no soldier, but a man but a poet.
 
But words could not defeat this enemy,
only strength and faith,
words could not save me from this tyranny,
only my strength and my faith.
 
I could feel my sweat drips down my neck,
I can feel my heart beats as fast as a drum,
I could feel my feet getting lighter,
I could feel the tension in the air.
 
I see my leader in front of me, 
I could see, more soldiers behind me,
the only way out now,
is by death or victory.
 
Our leader raise his hand,
and we stand ready to run forward,
I could not contain this feeling,
Will I see my wife tonight?
 
Charge!   

No comments:

Post a Comment